ORCID sends three types of notifications to you:
- Account and record notifications
- New features and tips notifications
- Service messages related to or affecting your ORCID account
By default, notifications about activity on your ORCID account and record weekly, and you choose whether you receive quarterly notifications about new features and tips on ORCID during registration. Service messages are sent to all users.
You can change how frequently you receive notifications from ORCID in your account settings by clicking the edit button in the email and notification preferences tab.
Account and record notifications
ORCID sends notifications about activity on your ORCID record in your ORCID Inbox and via email to your primary email address. You can choose which types of notifications to receive and how often you'd like to receive them.
Notifications appear immediately in your ORCID Inbox unless you have chosen to never receive inbox notifications.
Choose how often should we send summary emails to your primary email address about:
- Items added or edited in your record by a trusted party
- Administrative changes, such as being made a trusted individual
- Whether an ORCID member organization wants your permission to add or update your ORCID record as a trusted organization, for example Crossref to initiate the auto-update process
You can choose from one of five frequencies:
- Daily (summary)
- Weekly (summary) default
New features and tips notifications
Choose whether to receive emails from ORCID about new features and tips for making the most of your ORCID record. These messages are sent to your primary email address once quarterly.
ORCID service messages
Explore all help topics at Welcome to ORCID.