Identifying information on the ORCID record is the information displayed in the left column and top of the main column of your ORCID record. Some of this information can be updated by trusted organizations and trusted individuals if you grant them permission to add biographical information.
You may add your personal information to the left column of your ORCID record and the top field Biography section. Click the edit icon (pencil) next to each item to add or edit information and control your visibility settings.
Personal information you can add to your ORCID record:
- Your name and other versions of your name you are known by
- The country or region where you perform your research
- Keywords related to you and your research
- Links to websites related to you and your research
- Email addresses you use and have previously used
- Other person identifiers, such as a ResearcherID or Scopus Author ID
- A brief biography