Following the Name Identifier Summit in November 2009, where a cross-section of the research community explored approaches to address name ambiguity, the ORCID initiative was announced in December 2009. The ORCID Initiative was an interim entity formed to explore these approaches, and ORCID, Inc. is the formal non-profit organization incorporated in August 2010 to apply the ideas produced by these explorations toward practically addressing the problem of name ambiguity.
Articles in this section
- How are ORCID records for deceased people handled?
- Where can I see the source of information on my record?
- How do I or how does my organization get involved with ORCID?
- How do I become an ORCID member? Are there fees involved?
- How are new features decided?
- How do I get the public data file?
- What can I do if I have concerns about data in the Registry?
- What technology powers ORCID?
- What is your data model?
- What is the relationship between ISNI and ORCID?