On an ORCID record, only the ORCID iD is always public. This enables the record to always have a visible iD so it can be identified. Researchers can set the visibility level of all other fields per their preference.
Articles in this section
- Is the Sandbox different from the Production Registry?
- What does this error code mean?
- How are organizations identified in ORCID?
- Can data on an ORCID record be entirely private?
- How do I get my system added to the ORCID Search & Link Wizard list?
- How can I find out when a researcher edits their record?
- What if the researcher already has an ORCID record and registers a new one?
- If a researcher already has a work with the same DOI as a work I add, will it be duplicated?
- How will I be notified of changes and updates to the API and schema?
- Does the API have an admin page?