- Organization (required): The organization who employs or previously employed you. As you start typing, a list of suggestions will display. Select the organization's name from the list, and it will automatically populate other fields.
While some organization names include department level listings, we strongly recommend that you pick the highest level of the organization and provide departmental information in the department field.
Note: The name of the agency may be in different languages, or transliterated for non-Latin scripts. Contact us if you cannot find the name of your agency.
- Display organization: The display name of the organization. This is how the organization’s name will appear on your ORCID record. It is automatically filled in based on the organization you select in organization, and you can edit this field to change how it will appear on your ORCID record.
- City (required): City where the organization is located. This is auto-populated when you choose the agency's name from the picklist.
- State/region: The state/region of the organization. This may be auto-populated when you choose the organization's name from the picklist.
- Country (required): The country or territory of the organization. This is auto-populated when you choose the organization's name from the picklist.
- Department: The subsection, field, or department related to the affiliation. For employment, this could be the specific department, e.g. Music Theory.
- Role/title: Be sure to include a descriptive title when adding an affiliation! Include the role or job title, e.g. Intern.
- Start date: We strongly encourage you to provide the start date of your relationship with the organization. For example, the date that you started a degree program.
- End date: We also recommend that, where applicable, you provide the end date of your relationship with the organization, e.g., the date that your employment there ended. If you are still affiliated with the organization, you do not need to provide an end date.
- URL: A website URL related to your employment with the organization.