ORCID sends three types of notifications:
- Account and record notifications
- New features and tips notifications
- Service messages related to or affecting your ORCID account
You choose how frequently you receive notifications from ORCID when you register your ORCID iD.
You can also change how frequently you receive notifications from ORCID in your account settings.
Types of notifications
Account and record notifications
ORCID sends notifications about activity on your ORCID record in your ORCID Inbox and via email to your primary email address. You can choose which types of notifications to receive and how often you'd like to receive them.
Notifications appear immediately in your ORCID Inbox unless you have chosen to never receive inbox notifications.
ORCID sends account and record notifications about:
- Items added or edited in your record by a trusted party
- Administrative changes, such as being made a trusted individual
- Whether an ORCID member organization wants your permission to add or update your ORCID record as a trusted organization, for example Crossref to initiate the auto-update process
More information about granting permissions can be found in granting access from a notification below.
More information about changing whether and how often you receive notifications can be found in notifications frequency settings below.
New features and tips notifications
Choose whether to receive emails from ORCID about new features and tips for making the most of your ORCID record. These messages are sent to your primary email address once quarterly.
ORCID service messages
Notifications frequency settings
You can choose which messages you would like delivered to your inbox and how frequently in your Account Settings under Email frequency.
If you created an ORCID account prior to October 8, 2015, your notifications preferences will be weekly by default.
You can choose from one of five frequencies for each type of account and record notification:
- Daily summary
- Weekly summary
- Quarterly summary
If you choose never, then no notifications will be sent to either the ORCID Inbox or your email address