The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

Make bibtex import work better. I imported hundreds of articles. I then edited about ten of them. Logged out. Only 5 articles kept:( ANGRY

Make bibtex import work better.
Don't piss away hard work done by a user. Where did my work go?
I imported hundreds of articles. I then edited about ten of them. Logged out. Only 5 articles kept:( ANGRY FACE! A lot of my edits were ones that could be automated (e.g. ISBN-10 and ISBN-13 not recognised as meaning "ISBN"!) But the most angry-making thing is that a load of my editing work just vanished with no warning. It is really rude of you to waste a user's time like that.

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  ORCID (EMEA)AdminORCID (EMEA) (Admin, ORCID) responded  · 

Hi,

I’m so sorry you ran into this error. After clicking save on a work it should not be deleted from your record, that is clearly a bug with our system. If you let me know your ORCID iD I can take a look at you record and see if we can determine what happened.

In addition, we can certainly look at having more fields automatically map. If you can provide us a list of suggestions on BibTeX fields and what they should map to in an ORCID record we can add them to our importer. As BibTeX offers so many fields, not all were included when we initially set up the importer.

Also, if you’re adding hundreds of articles to your ORCID record you may want to look at using one of our import tools at http://support.orcid.org/knowledgebase/articles/188278-import-works-website-user. We offer a BibTeX import tool as it was requested by so many users, but using an automatic import from one of our member organizations is often an easier process.

Best,
    -Catalina
    ORCID Support

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ORCID (EMEA)AdminORCID (EMEA) (Admin, ORCID) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since we didn't hear back from you in a while, we are going to close this idea. If you are still experiencing issues with BibTeX import on your ORCID record, please contact us at support[at]orcid.org

Best regards,
        ORCID Community Team

Feedback and Knowledge Base