The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

Mobile app for phone/tablet

I know this has been brought up before, but it really would be helpful to have access to an IOS (or relevant) app, similar to the likes of LinkedIn.

Personally, I much prefer to use an app than any web browsers on my phone/table. Plus an app would prompt users to check in more regularly.

Kind regards

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kristie-Lee Alfrey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminORCID (APAC) (ORCID Community Team, ORCID) responded  · 

Thanks for your suggestion to improve the Registry. We are marking this suggestion as declined, as it is not something that is in line with our current priorities.

The greatest value of ORCID is in the integrations with other systems of publishers, funders, research organizations, and more. These integrations work using standard OAuth2, and would not function well in a native mobile app. This is why we strive to make the user interface of our Registry as functional as possible in mobile browsers.

Let us know if we can improve the user experience for ORCID in mobile browsers, or in other aspects of the ORCID Registry.

Warm regards,
    ORCID Community Team

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)