The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

peer review button

Dear Orcid developers,

my name is Giulia Bertolin and I belong to the eLife Ambassadors. In brief, this is a worldwide group of early-career researchers promoted by the eLife journal to work on hot topics in science, as peer-review practices, reproducibility of data, open science, preprints, etc...

Concerning peer-review, I was wondering whether it would it be possible to implement a new feature on the researchers' personal profile on Orcid.
Briefely, would it be possible to indicate to journals that a researcher is available to peer-review papers by using the keyword feature on the profile? In a way that it is accessible to journals searching for peer-reviewers in specific areas of expertise?
That is, would it be possible to link the "keywords" feature and a button indicating "researcher available for peer-review"?

This would allow a) more early-career researchers entering journal reviewer panels and b) broaden journal capabilities to find reviewers.

I'm available to discuss about this more in depth if you are interested

I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon

best
Giulia

Thanks for your help

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Giulia Bertolin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminORCID (EMEA) (Admin, ORCID) responded  · 

Thank you for your suggestion.

We have marked this iDea as declined as it does not align with the mission of ORCID at present. Our focus is providing:
     A unique identifier for researchers (the ORCID iD) which can be used to disambiguate their identity
     Member-built integrations to help connect research activities to researchers’ ORCIDrecords
     A hub for exchanging data linked by persistent identifiers

For more on the ORCID mission, see: https://orcid.org/about/what-is-orcid/mission

That being said, please note that we already have the keywords feature built in, and journals could use it as you proposed. Our suggestion is that you contact the interested journals to build up this use. You can contact us at support@orcid.org if you would like to discuss further about this.

Warm regards,
    ORCID Community Team

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)