The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

Latex code of the author's name

Many co-authors and also publishers may not know how to write the author's name correctly. It would be really good, if I could put the latex code of my name to my profile. In that way, anyone can explicitly see the correct spelling of my name with accents and can also use it in the articles or the related databases.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tolgahan KILIÇOĞLU shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminORCID (EMEA) (Admin, ORCID) responded  · 

Thank you for your suggestion.

Please note that we support UTF-8 and encourage systems to read such accordingly. Researchers can add all versions of their name encoded in UTF-8. If you find that another system is not reading your name from your ORCID record properly, please let us know and we can follow up to see if we can help troubleshoot this issue.

That being said, would you be able to provide some examples/ use cases for this functionality?

Kind regards,
    ORCID Communiy Team

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)