The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

Sort should be able to be saved

The sort feature is helpful but it cannot be saved. I would like to sort based on relevance (not necessarily date or alphabetically) but cannot save it for my profile. For example, I completed a PhD but later earned a masters in another field. I would like to list my PhD first since it is most relevant. If someone looked at my record they may erroneously think I only have a masters degree. Allowing me to save my sort for my profile would be very helpful.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminORCID (APAC) (ORCID Community Team, ORCID) responded  · 

Thank you for your suggestion for improving the ORCID Registry.

Our understanding is that you are requesting the ability to do one of the following:

1. Allow the user to personally reorder items in, e.g., an affiliation list in order to have one’s preferred item display at the top

2. Allow the user to save a certain sort view as the default view in their personal record (/my-orcid ) and public record (/0000-000x-xxxx-xxxx)

Could you please clarify which you are proposing? Many thanks.

Warm regards,
    ORCID Community Team

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, I am proposing both, to be able to reorder items in the affiliation/education list (but would also be helpful in the publication list too) and then save that custom sort so that it will stay that way for both my view and the public view. My main concern is the public view.
        Thanks for your quick response and request for clarification.

Feedback and Knowledge Base