The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

work:url be included in the /record summary view

For a work that has only a URL associated with it (particularly if it is entered manually), there are a number of places to enter it. If the URL is included as an identifier <common:external-id-type>uri</common:external-id-type>, it will be included in the /record summary view. If it is not included as an identifier, it will be included in the /work view as <work:url>. I'd like to ask that <work:url> be included in the summary view (or for work:url to be copied to identifier type uri) so as to avoid making multiple calls to pull back all possible identifiers for a given work.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Talia shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew Dunning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely helpful. It's inconsistent that putting an address into the URI field causes it to display directly in the summary, but not putting the same information into the URL field. Indeed, the average person is unlikely to understand the difference between the two, and I would suggest simply merging the two fields.

Feedback and Knowledge Base