The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

I'd like a way to name a "role-based email" for a trusted individual

I see there is a way now to name someone as a 'trusted individual' to update our record. This might be useful e.g. for getting an individual to look after the profiles of all (say 50) members of a department. However, what happens when the trusted individual leaves employment? would all 50 members have to find a new trusted individual?

A possible solution might be to allow a group of trusted individuals to update records, so that if one person leaves, other members of that group can still update the records.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stephen EglenStephen Eglen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  ORCID (APAC)AdminORCID (APAC) (ORCID Community Team, ORCID) responded  · 

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion to improve the ORCID Registry. The individual ORCID record holder is to choose the trusted individual (ORCID record holder) is able to assist them to personally administer their account. If that trusted individual leaves their institution, they can choose to still retain that trusted individual, or remove their access.

If you would like to have a more open option that is not based on an individual’s ORCID record, then we would suggest that your organization (department, faculty, institution, etc.) look into using the ORCID API to obtain access to manage the account as a trusted organization. For more on this, see ORCID for research organizations: https://members.orcid.org/research-organizations

Warm regards,
    ORCID Community Team

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)