The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

ORCID iDeas Forum

Thanks for your ideas. The process to turn an idea into an active part of the ORCID Registry is described in the article How are new features decided? (see link) While we want to get to every suggestion, our limited staff time means that some features will have to wait until future development cycles. We look forward to reading your ideas.

I suggest that...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow re-ordering of sections of ORCID record

At the moment my ORCID record is ordered with 'Education' at the top, followed by things like employment, funding and 'works'.

I would like to have my publications ('works') at the top of my profile instead of at the bottom, but there doesn't seem to be a way that I can change the order of the boxes.

I could set all the other boxes to 'private' so that only my publications show up, but I don't want to simply hide all the other information.

It would be excellent if you could allow users to move the 'blocks' of information in…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  ORCID Record - Personal Information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion to improve the Registry.

This is an interesting suggestion that we will raise with our user interface design team for consideration.

Warm regards,
      ORCID Community Team

• Allow a sole inventor listed on a patent to chose "inventor" rather than "co-inventor" or "other inventor" which are the only options listed

Lots of inventions have a sole inventor. "other inventor" just sounds strange. "co-inventor" is just incorrect.

7 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  ORCID Record - Personal Information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just to give an update on this:
        Presently one is unable to specify one’s contributorship on the ORCID record manually, although this still appears in our XSD.

We have revisiting contributor roles as one of our 2017 goals and hope to have an update on this and related issues within the year (see: https://trello.com/c/mBcwieED/10 ).

Warm regards,
        ORCID Community Team

• the separators for the ORCID be figure dashes

A figure dash is the same width as a digit and makes numbers separated by dashes easier to read. A figure dash is ‒ in HTML. In practice most other people will use hyphens and search engines should match either.

2 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  ORCID Record - Personal Information  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Reflecting the items seen in "Also known as" and "Keywords" as separate lines

In the current status, the items seen in "Also known as" and "Keywords" reflect to the public view in a wrapped style as the following:

Name Middle Surname, Name,
          M. Surname, N. M. Surname

I do recommend you to add an option to make each items as separate lines as the following:

Name Middle Surname,
          Name, M. Surname,
          N. M. Surname

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion for improving the ORCID Registry user interface. This is a great suggestion and we’ll put it under interface improvements to be considered in the near future.

We’ll update this thread with further information when we have made a decision on this feature.

Warm regards,
            ORCID Community Engagement and Support

• allow to have an additional list for 'chair publications'.

since I often refrain from co-authoring a paper just since I'm the boss.

Referees who like to judge the output of the group, however, need to see all publications.

So I'd like to have a separate list of all publications of my group wher e I am not coauthor. To assign the paper to my chair, the corresponding author should be asked for permission to put it on the 'chair publication list'.

1 vote
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base