The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

Keep Institution Orcid profiles distinct from Author Orcid profiles

I've come across several profiles that were created by Institutions, e.g. by a university library or department, rather than by authors. These institutional profiles pull in articles written by various authors (ones belonging to that institution). Clearly this is a different use of Orcid and should be kept distinct from Author Orcid profiles.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    J KurjianJ Kurjian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. ORCID record are intended only for individuals, institutions should not be creating ORCID iDs. If you can let me know any more records you find that were created by institutions I’ll follow up with them to close those ORCID records.

Thanks,
    -Catalina
    ORCID Support

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • J KurjianJ Kurjian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you type any of the following terms into the Last name search box you get a set, albeit small, of Orcid profiles:
        library
        university
        department

Feedback and Knowledge Base