The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

I suggest that...

Make phone number available

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  ORCIDAdminORCID (ORCID Support Team, ORCID) responded  · 

As it’s been a few months and I haven’t heard back I’m going to close this iDea. if you are still having issues please contact ORCID Support at support@orcid.org

I’m not sure I understand your question. Are you suggesting that researchers should be able to add a phone number to their ORCID record in addition to an email address? Or are you looking for a phone number to contact ORCID? If the later- ORCID doesn’t have a phone number, as we have a very small staff we do all our support over email. If you want to contact us you can email support@orcid.org

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ORCID (APAC/MEA)AdminORCID (APAC/MEA) (Admin, ORCID) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for your comment. It sounds like you're referring to another system belong to a journal. ORCID does not request and does not collect phone numbers.

Please contact the journal to which you are submitting directly to resolve this issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't complete step 3 for submitting a research article as it says Author's phone number is not filled in, but I do not find where should I feed it in!!

Feedback and Knowledge Base