I suggest you ...

Mark up lists of works with metadata

Lists of works should be marked up with metadata; unAPI, ideally, COinS at a minimum.

This will be more easily done if the "<a href="http://support.orcid.org/forums/175591-orcid-ideas-forum/suggestions/3266048-metadata-for-publications-should-be-entered-using-">Metadata for publications should be entered using a form _not_ free text</a>" ticket is implemented.

See <a href="http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/27247/orcid-profiles/#Comment_143596">prior discussion at the Zotero forums</a>

61 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy MabbettAndy Mabbett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AnonymousAnonymous shared a merged idea: put coin data available on webpage  ·   · 
    David W. LawrenceDavid W. Lawrence shared a merged idea: Metadata for publications should be entered using a form _not_ free text.  ·   · 
    under review  ·  ORCID SupportAdminORCID Support (ORCID Support Team, ORCID) responded  · 

Great suggestion and thanks for the link to the discussion on Zotero. We’re going to have a working group take up this issue soon, and I’ll follow up with this idea once they decide on works metadata.

-Catalina
    ORCID Support

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy MabbettAndy Mabbett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The works metadata working group, on which I did indeed sit, reported a while ago. Where does this proposal stand, now?

• David W. LawrenceDavid W. Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MODS would be very nice.

With a standard format for all metadata fields, it would be trivial to import metadata from other services. Daily, I download files in NLM PubMed XML and convert it to my SafetyLit database format.

• David W. LawrenceDavid W. Lawrence commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would allow an ORCID record-holder to universally select the presentation format of her or his works. The current disorganization makes it difficult to use one's ORCID record with grant applications, etc. because these can have different requirements for how a bibliography should be formatted/displayed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base