I suggest you ...

Wikipedia profile links

Allow people to include a link to their Wikipedia profile, to verify that an ORCID ID asserted on that profile (using Wikipedia's {{Authority control}} or {{ORCID}} templates) is genuine. The link should include a rel="me" attribute.

Allow for links to non-English Wikipedias.

Possibly do like wise for profiles on other Wikimedia projects, such as Wikimedia Commons.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andy MabbettAndy Mabbett shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    postponed  ·  ORCID SupportAdminORCID Support (ORCID Support Team, ORCID) responded  · 

Thanks for this idea. We think its really neat but we won’t have a chance to work on rel=“me” attributes in the near future as we’re still fixing bugs from our launch and adding basic functionality. We do want to look into this eventually, and you’re not the only one who has suggested we use rel=“me”, but it will take months before we can get to it, so I’m giving this idea a Postponed status. This way you can have your votes back for other ideas.

Thanks,
    -Catalina
    ORCID Support

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andy MabbettAndy Mabbett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just adding a note to say that I've been in correspondence with the ORCID team about this, and will be discussing it with them at the Chicago CodeFest in May 2014.

• Benjamin GoodBenjamin Good commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happens if an Orcid user claims a Wikipedia user account that is not their own? Is that even likely to matter?

Feedback and Knowledge Base