The support.orcid.org website is on a UserVoice platform that has a different privacy policy from our other sites. You may view the details at http://support.orcid.org/tos
X

ORCID iDeas Forum

Thanks for your ideas. The process to turn an idea into an active part of the ORCID Registry is described in the article How are new features decided? (see link) While we want to get to every suggestion, our limited staff time means that some features will have to wait until future development cycles. We look forward to reading your ideas.

I suggest that...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. JS Widgets for personal homepages

It would be nice to have a JS widgets which could be embedded in personal homepages. This would be a nice incentive for researchers: put all your papers into orcid and then just add a small JS code line to your homepage and your publication list (including links to doi.org) is there...

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      5 comments  ·  API Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your suggestion to improve the Registry.

We currently have ORCID Widget, which is currently a hidden feature. When you’re signed in, go to https://orcid.org/my-orcid?widget and click “Share your ORCID iD on other sites” to access the widget.

The Widget includes your ORCID iD, the name on your record, as well as the number of public works that you have on your record.

Let us know what improvements we can make to the widget. One thing that we’ve heard thus far is that it should be smaller — see https://trello.com/c/iTW4sfcP/376

Warm regards,
      ORCID Community Engagement and Support

Thanks for the suggestion, we like this idea and want to include it as a candidate for our upcoming ORCID Hackathon.

We’re planning the hackathon for early 2013- you can read more about it at http://support.orcid.org/forums/175591-orcid-ideas-forum/suggestions/3385323-orcid-hackathon and if you vote or comment on the idea you will receive notifications about…

• Visualize in CVN format all the information in ORCID

CVN is a pdf format with a database embeded that allow the interchange data between institutions without connecting to any API

It is a format widely extended in Spain

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Connections with other systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Adding additional formats of information isn’t on ORCID’s road map as we’ve developed and support the API for the exchange of information. However, creating a CVN version of ORCID records would be a great project for one of our hackathons or for another developer to add to our open source code base- thanks for the suggestion.

Best,
        -Catalina
        ORCID Support

• 4 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Connections with other systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion, we like this idea and want to include it as a candidate for our upcoming ORCID Hackathon.

We’re planning the hackathon for early 2013- you can read more about it at http://support.orcid.org/forums/175591-orcid-ideas-forum/suggestions/3385323-orcid-hackathon and if you vote or comment on the idea you will receive notifications about the event. I’ve also added this idea to the Hackathon category, so you can have your votes back.

• 9 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  Collaboration Ideas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re planning the hackathon for early 2013- you can read more about it at http://support.orcid.org/forums/175591-orcid-ideas-forum/suggestions/3385323-orcid-hackathon and if you vote or comment on the idea you will receive notifications about the event. I’ve also added this idea to the Hackathon category, so you can have your votes back.

• Integration with other services

- Add options to share profiles on social networks (Google+, Facebook, twitter...etc.)
            - Add options to share profiles and publications on blogging websites (Google blog, Wordpress...etc)
            - Allow ORCID to fetch publication records from Google Scholar and other citation databases.
            - Is it possible to make ORCID display the h-index, citationa summary and author evaluation charts on the profile ?

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              2 comments  ·  Connections with other systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Easy way for me to display my iD on my website

Hi. Is there a standard way you want authors to display and brand their ORCiD on their web sites? Is their permission to use the ORCiD logo, or is there another device you recommend to promote ORCiD? How to display your ORCiD should be a very prominant instruction for new users of the site.

3 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Connections with other systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base